TA Senior Spotlight!

More like TA Senior SPOTLIGHTS! We’re celebrating our graduating seniors and graduate students with our weekly #SeniorSunday posts on our social media. We’ll also be showcasing these students here!

If you’d like to view these posts on our Instagram, you can see them here: https://www.instagram.com/uotheatrearts/

If you are a graduating TA minor, major, or graduate student and would like to be featured, please send a picture & a bio to Jade Fraley, jadef@uoregon.edu

Congratulations to the TA class of 2020!!

Sophie Boskovich 
“None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives.”
-Jane Austen .
During her time as a UOTA student, Sophie participated in many different realms of theatre. Her focus leaned towards costume design, and her designs were featured in several Pocket Playhouse productions. Also through the Pocket, she wrote, produced, and directed her play Can’t Wait to Die Alone in 2017. She was also planning on directing her newest self-written play, Disaster Girls, this spring, but is determined to produce the play sometime in the future. She made her acting debut last fall as Flipote in Tartuffe, which she considers the highlight of her college career. She wants to thank all her peers and the professors for the wonderful time she had in the theatre department!

Nathan Shapiro
“One can smile and smile and be a villain.”
The upper division acting classes at UO taught Nathan a lot about humanity through craft and craft through humanity. He has enjoyed learning to tap into his messier elements to become a better actor, and especially enjoyed discovering the magic of Shakespeare, which has given him lifelong goals. He has also picked up many technical skills behind the scenes. Nathan says the most fun he’s has had was making mayhem as the malevolent Mr. Burns alongside his accomplice, Ben Barrera. “Nothing compares to playing the villain” says Shapiro. He felt honored being cast as Claudius in the upcoming production Or Not To Be before it sadly had to be cancelled due to quarantine. “Special thanks to John Schmor for being a great mentor to guide me towards my passions and help me be better in every facet possible, and for dropping that Richard III scene in my hands all those years ago. I thank Zeina for being a guide at the beginning of it all. Above all, I have my dear friends to thank who’ve been with me along the way. Cause I wouldn’t have gotten through all of this without my undoubtable comrades in arms. (You know who you are.)

Colleen Rooney
“I am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with all my heart.” -Vincent Van Gogh
Graduating with her Bachelor of Science in Theatre Arts and Anthropology, Colleen has been a part of many productions at UO as a technician, designer, and stage manager. Her favorites include her first show “James Joyce’s The Dead”, which introduced her to assistant stage management, and final show “Tartuffe” as the stage manager. If she wasn’t busy “incubating” for design inspiration for Jerry’s classes, hanging lights with Janet, or asking Alohi to print something for her, she would be found in Espresso Roma studying her other passion, archaeology. She is eternally grateful for the time she’s spent with the TA faculty and her peers, and for all the people she’s met and worked with along the way. Her plans are to pursue stage management professionally with the hope for attending graduate school for production management in a few years.

Gabby Socolofsky
“The show doesn’t go on because it’s ready; it goes on because it’s 11:30” -Tina Fey
Gabby has spent enough hours in Villard that it feels like a second home. Her focus was on acting, props management, and petting the office dogs. She has so many wonderful memories from this department whether it’s asking Michael Walker for the tenth time for help to messing around in the green room. Some highlights would have to be the amazing costumes she wore in Cinderella Waltz, The Father, and Tartuffe, working with Tricia Rodley as a director in Tartuffe, hearing Jerry Hooker’s sound effects during a lesson, and getting to assistant direct for Ellen Gillooly-Kress on Machinal. The list goes on and on. Gabby would like to thank all the amazing faculty and staff for supporting her and teaching her life long skills.

More students coming soon!