Summer Soup Theatre Returns
Summer Soup is Simmering
Summer SOUP is back for 2018! Four projects in four months! Look for more details about auditions, applications for production roles, and other ways to collaborate in Week 1 of Spring term.
For more information: https://theatre.uoregon.edu/summer-theatre/
Previous news stories:
Theatre Arts Alumna Heidi Schreck’s Star is on the Rise!
Read the interview, conducted by Brett Campbell in “Oregon Quarterly” here: http://www.oregonquarterly.com/finding-the-balance
The article covers Heidi’s successful career as a playwright, screenwriter, and actress.
PhD Students JK Rogers and Zeina Salame have been published in “Etudes”!
Etudes is an online theatre & performance studies journal for emerging scholars.
Read Zeina’s work “LEBANESE PRISON DRAMA & THERAPEUTIC SPACE: ZEINA DACCACHE’S SCHEHERAZADE’ IN BAABDA” here: http://www.etudesonline.com/jan2018salame.html
Read JK’s work “SENTIMENTALISM AND THE STAGE: READING AND THE AMERICAN IDENTITY IN ROYALL TYLER’S THE CONTRAST” here: http://www.etudesonline.com/jan2018rogers.html
Other exciting news:
Exciting opportunity to travel to Ashland to see OSF productions and participate in special tours, events & discussions!
APPLICATIONS* DUE: FRIDAY FEBRUARY 2, 2018 (Pick up an application on the first floor bulletin board in Villard Hall or download at bottom of this webpage.)
OREGON SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL SPRING BREAK TRIP (2018)
- Open to undergraduates with a theatre major or minor, GPA 2.5+
- You must be registered as a student for spring term 2018.
- Priority will be given to seniors and juniors
- College credits are not available for this program.
- Leave Eugene: TUE Mar 27
- Return to Eugene: SAT Mar 31
- All participants must travel with the group – no exceptions.
- The group stays at Oak Street Cottages (a 5 minute walk to OSF).
- Participants attend 4-5 plays at OSF as well as workshops, tours, and discussions with OSF professionals in various areas of theater.
COST (This program is made possible by the generous support of Carol Williams.)
- Cost to students is $100.
- Expenses included in cost: travel, lodging, tickets, workshops.
- Expenses not included in cost: meals.
- Limited scholarships may be available. Please contact Harry Wonham, Department Head – Theatre Arts: firstname.lastname@example.org
QUESTIONS? Contact Jeanette deJong: email@example.com